NOTE: There's a BIGGER AND BETTER version available. Omega Modern is an improved remaster: check it out here.
This pack, Old School Modern, is going to be discontinued in favor of Omega Modern. If for some reason you still want this old version, send me an email: finalbossblues.com/contact/
Take your game back in time to the modern era with the Old School Modern resource pack. The crisp pixel-based style recalls games of the early console era, with fresh new tiles that provide limitless possibilities. Create towns and cities with modern homes, stores and office buildings. A variety of tiles provides everything you need to build the wilderness around your towns, including dungeons like caves, temples or a technology maze. And populate that world with all sorts of characters designed to fit in with style!
Characters and matching battler graphics expands the possibilities offered by Old School pack. NPC characters fit into the modern world, playing roles that range from an army soldiers to football cheerleaders. Monsters come in classic varieties, from beasts and insects to vampires and zombies.
Note: The graphics in this pack were originally released in two separate RPG Maker DLC packs. I've compiled all these assets here into a single pack for this release. Unlike the OSM packs on Steam, this "full version" of the Old School Modern pack is not restricted to use in any specific engine.
This pack includes:
- 96 human characters (4-directional walking sprites)
- 48 monster and animal characters (4-directional walking sprites)
- 79 large single-frame battle graphics that match the walking sprites
- Additional animated sprites: vehicles, fish, treasure chests, doors.
- Tiles: interior and exterior tiles for modern towns and houses, wilderness: forest/mountain/caves/swamp, temple ruins, tech-dungeon and overworld.
- a whole bunch of miscellaneous ui stuff
Yes you can sell games made with these. You can make games using any engine or for any system.
You are free to edit these. You can't re-sell the graphics themselves. You can use them in any way and then sell anything that you use them in.
Thanks guys and gals. Have fun. :)