this was a really sad game! :'-(
A downloadable game for Windows
A group of scientists landed on a foreign planet in order to study its potential as a new home for mankind. On the planet, one of the scientists discovered a strange creature and began to study it... then disaster struck.
Symbiote is an adventure-platformer where you explore the mysterious ruins of an alien planet, while searching out new abilities to reach new areas.
Symbiote was made in 30 days for the 2015 Indie Game Making Contest. It won the the third-place prize!
- The focus of the game is on the movement: tight, responsive controls allow for precise platforming.
- Features hi-res, hand-drawn graphics and animations.
- Put together the backstory from the crew's recorded messages, or feel free to ignore the story to get on with the action.
- Collect sparks from defeated foes to upgrade your max health.
- For completionists, find the five artifacts hidden throughout the world.
- Playable with gamepad or keyboard. Gamepad STRONGLY recommended.
- Support for multiple resolutions.
Design, art, programming and writing by Jason Perry. Soundtrack contributed by Shizu.
Thanks for playing. Have fun!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
this was a super good experience!!!!! i definitely would've played 20 hours worth of that, and the ending! it was a great way to end a game with a sad story on a positive note!
Great short game, would love to see all these ideas expanded on! The platforming towards the end was murder on my hands, but I pulled it off. Only thing is I couldn't find one of the artifacts (the first one on the checklist), and I backtracked everywhere. Hidden behind a foreground pillar maybe?
Thanks! I think the first artifact was in the Hive area, in a hidden wall-jump section, if it's the right one I'm thinking of. Either way, thanks for playing! The final area is a real platforming challenge. I do want to revisit it someday and make more levels in the style of the final area, when you have all the abilities unlocked! It can get really acrobatic.
This game is lacking fighting with only one boss fight and less enemy variations but it is more to exploration. Can be judged from abilities which are exploring abilities